Thursday, August 5, 2010

How are you sharing?

Our friend Rob sent a note to us the other day and he gave us permission to share it...he makes an excellent point about the WAY we should share.


I received a call from Wells Fargo inviting me to buy a particular type of insurance. I informed her I have turned this down twice previously but that I did have a question for her.

She said sure. I said, “If you die tonight, do you know where you are going?”. She asked me to repeat the question and then she said she was going to heaven. I asked her how she knew. She replied she just knew. I asked her if it was because she was a good person and she answered yes. I quoted Hebrews 9:27 and said, “you know, Jesus has been appointed the judge on Judgment Day and he will essentially be using the 10 commandments to make his decision (unless we are covered by His blood which I did not share at this point – of course). I asked her how many lies she had told in her life. She was very uncomfortable with the question and she replied she didn’t call me to talk about that and so I said if she ever wanted to make sure where she was going to spend eternity, to call me again.

So this was my first effort to witness to people on the phone, thanks to Steve. I was obedient to the Holy Spirit. That is my job, to be obedient in love. I was nice to her which this email does not convey and even listened to her entire spiel. If we don’t do it in love, we are like a clanging symbol and are of no use to the Creator.

Thanks for your help and encouragement.

In Jesus,

Rob


1 Corinthians 13:1
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.


Thank you Rob, for your faithfulness!

No comments: