Sunday, July 8, 2012

Big Ben's Time

I saw a large man coming toward me and I only had a few seconds to make a move!

"Did you get one of these?" I handed him a Million Dollar Bill.

Surprised, he took it. "What is this?" At about 6'4" he loomed over me.

"Well, it's a Million Dollar Bill with a million dollar question on it. Will you go to heaven when you die?"

"Yes."

"Can you tell me how I can get there?" I asked him, hoping to see if he knew how to get there.

He hemmed and hawed a moment and then told me to 'believe'.

I introduced myself and asked his name.

"Ben."

"Ben, Satan knew Jesus and certainly believed He was legit. The demons believe in Jesus and tremble (James 2), they are not going to Heaven for a moment!"

He looked very surprised.

I took Ben thru the Law (www.NeedGod.com), and then explained that he must repent and put his faith in Jesus Christ alone. I was surprised, but Ben very patiently stood and listened to me, even though it was evident that he was on his way someplace when we met.

"You know Ben, I want to thank you for listening today. I know God had us talk for a reason, so I hope you'll think about all of this."

"I will, thank you."

"Remember how short my time is: For what futility have You created all the children of men?  What man can live and not see death?  Can he deliver his life from the power of the grave?"  Psalm 89:47-48

Please take the time to tell someone today.  Don't forget to carry your gospel tracts with you-then you'll be ready!



No comments: