Sunday, November 9, 2008

Invisible People.

We are blessed to have ‘birthed’ two new WOTM Basic classes by raising up two teams of new teachers. Classes are going well and yesterday we accompanied both classes to the Space Coast State Fair.

After a couple of hours of some good encounters, I saw a girl in a booth that sold cold drinks. No one was there so I thought I could get in a quick conversation about eternal things. Crista was her name and she was friendly enough. She thought she was a good person and told me that every Sunday when they broke the fair down she would stay in the town and find a church to go to.

“Great, so you go to church. Where will you go when you die?”

She smiled and said, “Heaven, I hope.”

As soon as I began to take her through the Law tons of people showed up. (naturally) In between people I would pop my head in and ask her another question and she mentally stayed right with me. When there was a break I told her about Jesus. When I introduced Him to her I told her that He knew her even before she was formed. He knew exactly how many hairs there were on her head…and He even kept every tear she had ever cried in a bottle. Her face turned red and tears began to stream down her cheeks. I asked her if she knew that and she shook her head, no. I told her it was written in Psalms and Luke and then I asked her if she had heard of Jesus. She said, ‘yes’. I informed her that the demons believed and trembled and she again became troubled. We talked about repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.

After giving her a Good Person booklet I asked her if this was something she was interested in doing and she said, “Yes.”

I said, “Since you aren’t promised your next breath when will you be taking care of this?”

She picked up the booklet and said, “Right now!”

As I walked away from Crista I prayed for her that the Lord would protect her heart and grow this seed. I came back by a couple minutes later and I could see her hunched over the little booklet, reading intently.



One of the ‘carnies’ told Dennis that he felt that many people treated them badly. He said that people acted as though they were ‘second class’. I admit that some of them are a bit ‘rough around the edges’ but I also know that they are VERY precious to the Lord. They rate right up there alongside the heads of state or a sports superstar to Him. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God...


And such were some of you. But you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

No comments: