Saturday, January 2, 2010

Starting the New Year off with a million dollars...

Went to the beach today in sunny warm central Florida - 50 Degrees today (usually about 75 degrees). I know, no sympathy from the northerners but it brings people to beach becasue it is sunny. Dan was there with his family who just recently moved from Pennsylvania. They thought it mid-summer. I gave him a million dollars, he read the back and he said he would see me in heaven.
Now I had to ask him - do you share your faith? No matter what the answer, I ask them what they tell people about Jesus. Usually I get "You just need to Love Jesus."
Today I heard from Dan: Repentance and Faith! Not much more clear than that.


A few minutes later I spoke to Pete. Another from snow country - Ohio. Got the same answer "Repentance and Faith". WOW!!

I did not really get much response from several others, including "I don't want that" when offering a million dollar bill and another one was from a guy walking his German Shepard who said "It'll make my dog sick".

However, I was pleasantly surprised at hearing 2 believers who are solid in the knowledge of the True Gospel.

The Bible clearly tells us, "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12). Jesus plainly said, "I am the Way, the Truth and the life. . . " (John 14:6).
Jesus died on the Cross to make the payment we could not make. Why are so many people who call themselves Christians, afraid to say this?
Jesus says clearly that if you deny me before man, I will deny you before the Father.

And to borrow from someone I read this weekend: I see churches getting away from the proclamation of the gospel and instead focusing on issues like global warming. I'll tell you about global warming; it's when people spend eternity separated from Jesus Christ in hell! Jesus said, "Their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched."

No comments: