Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Open Door in the Netherlands


Before leaving for the Netherlands last week on business, I made contact with the pastor at CC Netherlands to see if I could introduce him to the Way of the Master teaching course during my free time. When Pastor Stan Marinussen emailed me back he invited me to come and speak for a couple of minutes at the service on Sunday. I prepared some notes and a video to take with me. When I arrived the pastor graciously turned the service over to me! Since the service was in Dutch a translator was required. God put a girl in place named Serayah, who had seen some of the videos and was familiar with the Biblical basis and some of the scripture. This made the translation process much easier.


Afterwards, we had time for questions from the group of about 50. One lady, who is suffering with cancer, was very concerned about her daughter, an avowed lesbian. She cried as she expressed her frustration at not being able to reach her. Another person wanted to know how to handle it when you are pushed away and rejected. Everyone there seemed to enjoy the message and many look forward to learning more. Since the Lord knows what we need before we do, He had recently moved a couple to the Netherlands from Dublin. Thomas and his wife have been thru the Basic Course and expressed an interest in teaching it!! Matthew 6:8 …for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Pastor Stan and his wife Marnie have 3 daughters. They are doing a great work there in the Netherlands. We left him with a copy of the Crash Course and I am praying that they will offer this course to their congregation and watch God work!

When I can do some of this it sure makes the trip worthwhile.

No comments: