Friday, January 30, 2009

In the Nick of Time


I received this note from my friend Sally today. I just had to let you all in on it!!

Jen, I have to share this with you…

A week ago 3 of us visited a lady who was new to the nursing home. She was battling lung cancer but appeared to be doing well and feeling well. We prayed with her and that was that. She said she was (part of a very ritualistic church). Three days later I felt this urgency to see her. Praise God she came to the Lord! I left her a Bible and told her I’d be back in a few days. When I returned three days later I was told she passed away that morning. I am just so grateful to God that she was saved.


James 4:14-17 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

No comments: