Friday, March 27, 2009

3 Minutes Flat!

HA! Think you don’t have enough time to get into a conversation with someone about something as deep as ‘eternal destiny’??? Sure you do.

OK, I had to get ANOTHER phone. I won’t bore you with the details but suffice to say, I don’t need a complicated one! So anyway…here I am taking another one back. Marcus was kind enough to help me choose this time. While he and Dennis worked out the details, I planned my approach. I like to keep it simple.

As Marcus rang me up and got me all finished he smiled and said, “Thank you and have a nice day.”

“Thank you Marcus. Hey...where will go when you die?” I casually said. He stared at me with a puzzled look for a second as if he had mis-heard me. I gave him a pleasant smile. “You know we are all going to die some day.”

“Well, I…hopefully I’m going to Heaven.” He answered.

“Oh…how will you get there?” I asked him.

“Well, by being a good person and …uh, you know going to church and hopefully keeping the Commandments and all.” He responded somewhat confidently.

“Let’s test your theory, Marcus. Have you kept the Commandments?”

“I think I’ve done pretty well.” He said.

Marcus changed his mind a few questions later and just as he found out that his destiny was somewhat South and MUCH warmer than his original plan, his boss walked up with some work for him.

I had given him a Good Person tract so I told him he’d better read it to get the solution for his problem. Marcus had a worried look on his face as I walked away- but I know this may be the start of a new day for him. READ IT MARCUS.

It really doesn't take much effort on our part to possibly help change a destiny.

Romans 10:14-15 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without preaching? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace and bring glad tidings of good things!"

No comments: