Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Gospel of Jesus vs. Depraved Indifference: Cocoa Mardi Gras


FFM Ministries was asked by Tom Clark at Life Visual to join them at this outreach. Life Visual provides a gigantic movie screen – about 20 ft tall and shows Christian based videos. They had a table and several folks sharing their faith and tracts.

Diana and I were able to go to this event and saw how bad this world is getting. I had never seen so many unaccompanied young people wandering around with all the ‘partying’, drink and outrageously dressed people. By young I mean 10-15 years old.
We went out handing the million dollar bills and through the night were able to give out over 600. Not a lot..

I spoke to a young girl who was with her mom. I think she was about 8 years old. “Mom” had read the MDB and I asked if I could ask the girl some questions. I could see the apprehension on the mom’s face and she said they were Catholic. Now the first question I really had but did not ask – what is this little girl doing out here????? I asked the girl – never got her name – if she ever lied. She said she had and said a person who lies is called a liar. I then asked if she always obeyed her mom and did what she was told. She said yes but mom was quick to correct her. I said , you did say you told some lies, Is this one of them? She admitted she did not always obey her parents. I then explained about salvation through the blood of Jesus and how she was guilty and Jesus paid her fine but she needed to confess, repent and put her faith in Jesus.

There were 6 young girls about 11 to 15 or so. I asked whom I thought was the oldest what she thought after looking at the MDB she got. She said she will go to heaven because she goes to church. I let her know that sitting in a pew would not make her a Christian. She got mad at me and I then asked how I could get to heaven? She could not tell me. Then the one I think was the youngest of the group said – "I can tell you." I said please tell me and she proudly said, "Admit you are a sinner to God, repent, put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ and read your Bible everyday!" Wow 1 in 6 could answer! Kind of follows the rest of today’s statistics in the modern church.

There were a few other good conversations as well but the music was very loud, and the distractions were plentiful in this miniature Sodom and Gomorrah…
Hebrews 2:2 For if the word spoken by angels was steadfast, and if every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense of reward, how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation...?

No comments: