Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Max's Prison

I have been really bad lately about NOT blogging…that has to change...

Today I met a young boy around 12 years of age. Scruffy and dirty, he was heading down the sidewalk in his wheelchair at a park near the slides. As I watched him I realized how very limited he was. He could only go on the hard surfaces so he had to stay apart from the ‘real action’. He had to merely watch while all the other kids took part in the games. When I caught up with him he told me his name was Max. I gave him a Million Dollar Bill and after talking to him a minute, I asked him what he thought happens to us after we die. He said he thought we go to Heaven. After opening the Law with Max he realized that he was not in good standing with God. He became aware that he was going to Hell and told me he didn’t want to go there. We talked about God and how He doesn’t want anyone to go, either.

Although Max had heard of Jesus, he wasn’t sure why He really came. When he understood who He was, and why Jesus came and died, Max told me he wanted to follow Jesus.

Max is just a little boy who will live in this chair for as long as he is on this Earth. He will be in his foster home for a long time-but not for Eternity. No matter what circumstances we face here-they are nothing compared with that.

I pray that Max will follow through with his statement that he will talk to God tonite before going to bed.

May God bless you and keep you, Max.

Matthew 18:10 Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I say to you that in Heaven their angels always behold the face of My Father in Heaven.

No comments: