Thursday, June 24, 2010

Voicemail Problems

Everyone kept bugging me about not being able to leave a message on my new phone. I hate change. I kept setting the recording up but friends just kept complaining.

Finally, I called for help. James came on the line and found that he could not help me after all.

"I can see that there is a problem but I've tried everything I know, so I need to get our technical department involved. Do you have any other questions for me?" (C'mon!)

"I do actually, James. But this question is off the beaten path-it's meant to make you think... where will you go after you die?"

"Well, I will go to Heaven to be with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who died to set me free."

"Wow James, that's great! I love to hear that."

"Thank you for asking me. I have never had one of my customers ask me that question before! Wow."

"Do you share your faith, James?"

"Not often enough but I do like to use the Law. I like to watch Ray and Kirk on the Way of the Master."

"That's great! I hope you'll be encouraged to share your faith, James. We all come into contact with so many people who are probably on their way to Hell."

"I agree. Thank you. Now, I'll turn you over to Debbie in our technical department."

Debbie came on the line and found the problem after just a moment. "OK, we've got you all fixed up. Do you have any other questions for me?" (Really, I love this.)

"I do. I have a serious question for you, Debbie. Do you know where you will spend eternity?"

"Wow. Heaven, I hope."

We went quickly thru the Law. Debbie was honest and admitted that she was destined for Hell.

"I know that we are having this conversation for a reason. I needed a reminder."

"Debbie, God arranged this conversation for you. He is calling you. You have no idea if you will be here tomorrow. This is something you really cannot put off. I know you don't know me, but I really do care. I hope you'll give it some thought. Take care."

"Thank you, I will."

No comments: