Friday, July 30, 2010

Be Ready in and out of Season

Please see this incredible witnessing video. As you read or listen to the story you will see he ATTENDED church.

Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works?
(Matthew 7:21-22)





http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1859729971?bctid=326008524001

Nayara Goncalves already experienced one of the ``biggest moments'' of her life: becoming a Christian.

The second came on July 23, when the 20-year-old cellphone store manager put her good works to good use -- persuading a would-be armed robber to put away his gun and leave her store in the name of the Lord.

Every moment of the more than five-minute exchange between a calm Goncalves and the nervous, unidentified robber was captured on a store surveillance camera.

The robber walked into the MetroPCS store on Cypress Road in Pompano Beach wearing a dark cap and jacket and holding an umbrella.

He exchanges pleasantries with Goncalves, asking whether she was keeping dry, then asks to see a phone.

Moments later, he reaches into his coat, apparently showing her a gun. He apologizes: ``I really hate to do this. . . . Don't be scared.''

``I'm not scared,'' replies Goncalves, a devout Christian who was working alone. She calmly walks back to her cash register, telling the man, ``You can do whatever you want, but I'm just going to talk to you about Jesus, my God, before you leave.''

The man momentarily pauses, and says, ``God bless you for that.''
Goncalves tells him she is a Christian. He replies sheepishly, ``So am I and I absolutely hate doing this. I do. I'm embarrassed to do this. But I have no choice.''

He says he has attended Calvary Chapel.

``Calvary Chapel?'' ``Pastor Bob?'' Goncalves asks, saying she has visited there.

Yes, the robber replies, ``Pastor Bob.''

``I'm so sorry to put you through this,'' he says.

Attempts by The Miami Herald on Thursday night to reach Pastor Bob Coy at Calvary Chapel in North Broward were unsuccessful.

Goncalves continues to talk to the man, giving soothing responses of ``I know, I know,'' as he opens up about his troubles -- telling Goncalves he's married, has a job, and that he needed $300 to stave off eviction.

As if sensing an opening, Goncalves continues, her voice breaking for a split second, ``I don't know what you're going through. But all of us are going through a hard time right now.''

No comments: