Thursday, October 9, 2008

A few weeks ago Dennis and I took off on a Sunday morning and went to Illinois to visit my family. It was really the first time I had been gone for any length of time and I hated to be away from our team of evangelists! We said our goodbyes and Jeff told us not to worry-that he would send out reminders of where the outreaches would be held, etc.

We listened to Pastor Chuck Smith as we drove, as he went through the book of Acts. A few hours into our trip we got a call from Diana.
I have bluetooth in my truck but sometimes the voice quality is poor-as in this case. AGHHH! Diana was happy-I could tell that! But all I could figure out was that I thought she said she went to Cocoa Beach and 2 people got saved on the beach!!! What an awesome report from there!! I got so excited that I called Jeff and told him that Diana had some exciting news and he should call her right away. I didn't want to spoil the surprise.

We went on down the road a few hours and spent the night in Tennessee. The next day we still had about 8 hours to drive, so we got up and started out. A couple of hours into the drive Jeff called. He wanted to let us know that after he talked to Diana and heard the great news, he got so excited that he called a few people and they went stright to the local beach. He said that Rochelle had the privilege of praying with three ladies on the beach for salvation!! Then he told us that Malcolm, who is a recent graduate of the WOTM Basic class was able to pray with an eleven-year-old girl!! He was so excited he kept talking and mentioned Diana's outing again but clarified that eight people had come to Christ when she went out!!! That morning I had led two people in the nursing home to the Lord-all told a whopping 14 people came to Christ that weekend.


Heb 4:12 For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing apart of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

In light of this verse-what exactly was I worried about??


Sidenote: My Mom and Dad have a class in Illinois and they teach Way of the Master. They also have a website in the works called www.sowersclass.com, which you might also want to visit.

No comments: