Thursday, October 9, 2008

Paid For By The Republican Party But Ordained By God!


A nice lady just called me to remind me to vote. I let her know that she was actually the eighth one to call me from the Republican Party. She sighed and apologized profusely. I let her know that I have already voted (absentee ballot) and she let me know that the call was paid for by the Republican Party.

I said, "I have a question for you before you go."

"I'll try to answer it for you."

"If Hell is a real place, do you want to be warned?"

Silence..."If...what?"

I repeated the question.

She repeated the question back to me and then said, "I believe in Hell."

"So you believe in Heaven and Hell? Where will you go when you die?"

"Oh, I'm going to Heaven." I could hear the smile in her voice.


"Oh. Well, how do you know?"

"She said proudly, "Because I'm a good person."

OK now the bell was going off in my head...I love this! "OK, let's see if that's true." I asked her about lying, stealing and taking God's name in vain. She got very quiet. I asked her name and she told me it was Mary. I quoted Hebrews 9:27 and then asked her how she thought she would fare if God judged her today.

"I think I'm in trouble!"

"Where will you go since you've been pronounced 'guilty' under the Law?"

"Somewhere very hot!"

"Do you know what God did for you so that you would not have to go there?"

"He gave His life for me."

"So you know what He did for you-so do the demons. They've known Him alot longer that you have. Are they going to Heaven?"

"No!"

"2,000 years ago God took the form of a man. He laid His life down and rose again 3 days later-to pay for you so that you could avoid Hell! There is a difference in believing and trusting." I gave her the parachute illustration and she listened without saying a word. I told her that two things were required: repentence-that is turning away from her sin and faith in Jesus Christ.

Mary thanked me for talking to her and said she really enjoyed the conversation. I could tell that someone was now there with her on the other end. She said, "I need to tell you that this call is paid for by the Republican Party."

I replied, "Paid for by the Republican Party Mary, but ordained by God. I hope to see you one day in Heaven!"

She said, "Thank you!"

We have our civic duty and should consider it a privilege to vote. But no matter who gets into office God is still on His throne and He alone is in control!

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and Him sitting on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And a place was not found for them.

No comments: