Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Veil Was Taken Away!

Going from room to room this morning was nice, seeing familiar faces and saying hello. But I am always looking for the new person…someone who perhaps has not heard the Truth!

This morning I looked at the names on the doorways and saw one I didn’t recognize. Well, I did and I didn’t. Although I did not know this lady I have seen the name before. It is the name of one of the 12 tribes of Israel. Before going in I prayed that the Lord would speak to her and show her Truth.



I said, “Hello, how are you? My name is Jennifer and I’m just a volunteer.”

“Oh, don’t say ‘just’ a volunteer. I think it’s very nice.”

“Well, I do enjoy it!” I said with a smile.

Jane told me that she is down in Florida visiting her family and she ended up in the hospital. She was transferred here a few days ago.

“I don’t know what happened but I fell again last night. I hope it doesn’t set me back. I am supposed to go home on Monday!”

“Have you talked to your doctor?” I asked.

“Not yet, but my son said, ‘Mom, you need to come home, then you will begin to feel better.’ I have two sons, one of them lives in Israel.” She smiled as she said this.

“I think your son is right and I am sure that everything will be better at home. Do you live with them?” Although she had already told me she was on vacation, I always ask a few questions to try and gauge the person’s mental status, while I am talking with them.

“Oh no, I live in New York and I was down here on vacation and then I ended up in the hospital! My son wants me to move down here permanently so that I will be closer to him and to my daughter. My grandkids all agree with him. I guess I will have to make some changes soon. Do you like it here?”

“I love the winters here. My favorite place for breakfast closed up so I’m looking for a new one, but when that gets settled I will be happy again.” We both smiled at that.

Saturday is often a visiting day for family so I always try to ‘get in and get out’ because once someone comes to visit, my time with them is finished-even if they try to listen the family often gets aggravated.

For the life of me now I cannot remember what it was that Jane said to begin our conversation…oh, I think she told me that her husband, D. was in Heaven now….

I smiled. “So you believe in Heaven and Hell?”

“Oh, I believe in Heaven but not Hell.”


“The Scripture actually makes more references about Hell than Heaven. Do you know why?” She shook her head from side to side. “Because God was trying to warn us about it-to avoid it! What kind of people go to Heaven? Good people?”

She smiled and said, “Yes.”

“Are you a good person?”

“I try to be.” She answered.

“I would like to give you a little test I call the Good Person test. I know that you will know the answers because the questions are from the Law of Moses, and I know that you are familiar with that. I will ask you to be honest when you take this test. OK?”

Then she laughed and tried to get me off of the subject. Somewhere in here I had told her that my husband was Jewish. She said to me, "What does your husband think of all of this-does he believe it, too?"

"Yes, He does." After a moment I said, “Let’s go back to that test…In your lifetime, how many lies have you told?”

Jane seemed a little taken aback at the question but recovered and laughed it off. I smiled and then asked again, looking straight at her.

“Well, many I’m sure.”

After I had taken Jane thru the Law, I paused for a moment to discuss the Passover. I always do this with someone who is Jewish. This is the way I introduce them to Yeshua (Greek name Jesus).

“What do you celebrate at the Passover?”

“The Exodus of the Jews from Egypt.”

“Remember what they did the night before leaving? They took the lamb and slew it, then put the blood on the doorposts. Remember?”

“Yes.”

“Why did they have to put blood on the doorposts?”

“So the firstborn would not be killed.”

“Right, the Angel of Death would pass over the house! Now let’s go back to that courtroom where you stand before The Righteous Judge and He has just pronounced you ‘guilty’ under the Law. Into the back of the courtroom comes a man. He rushes to the front of the courtroom and says, ‘Wait-please! I am willing to pay for Jane. Please take the handcuffs off of her and put them on me!’ Do you know who that is Jane? Who would be willing to pay for you?”

She paused and said nothing.

“It’s Yeshua! He is God’s Passover Lamb, sent for you. He is the Lamb of God, slain to take away the sins of the world. Yeshua, the Messiah!”


Her hand flew to her mouth as her heart turned to God…”How did I miss that???" The look on her face was one of horror. "I knew I should have read my Bible!" (I hate to think of all the people who will stand before The Righteous Judge with this thought in their mind!)

I went on to explain that although Yeshua died for all of our sins it was not automatically applied-we had to apply it. “He has done everything He needs to do! If I bring your favorite cookies in here for you and I’ve done all the shopping and baking…then I’ve done everything I can do. They are not yours until you reach out, and eat them.”


I explained that two things were necessary for participation in this process: repentance and faith in Yeshua.

Jane bowed her head and prayed silently. When she was finished I prayed for her aloud. She squeezed my hand and thanked me many times for coming to talk to her. We discussed the fact that it was not a coincidence, she heartily agreed. As I was leaving she said again, “I have two Bibles at home, I must start reading them now!”

Although she is 86 years old, she has just had the veil lifted from her heart!!

2 Corinthians 3:15-17 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart.
Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Now, I cannot see with my eyes whether the veil was indeed lifted, but I know God can.

No comments: