Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Witnesses

Yesterday Dennis and I went to Orlando with our friends Art and Davina, to see a great musical titled, The Witnesses. It was very interesting. It was narrated by ‘the Apostle Peter’. Peter would describe an event and then these great musicians play ansd sing. It is part of The Rock and The Rabbi Trilogy.


Afterwards, we started handing out MDB’s by just standing in the aisle and acting like each person should take one as they left-they did. When we all got out into the lobby we saw many people reading them. We wanted to make sure each person got one, so if we didn’t see one in their hand, we offered another. Many, many people asked for more.

Dennis went over to where the cast and crew were to ensure that they got theirs. I could hear him telling them that it was a ‘million dollar performance’.

As I was giving them out I handed one to a man who was with a group of about 5 people, including his wife. He said he liked them and thought they could be great tools. He told me that he taught a Bible study every Friday night.

I said, “Oh, you’re a teacher?”

He said, “Yes.”

“You need to teach this!” I felt this very strongly.

He looked surprised and just looked at me, then at the bill. I asked him and his wife if they’d seen the movie Fireproof yet. They told me they had not. I asked if they were familiar with what Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort were doing now days. They were not sure. I told him that I would like to ‘show him something’ and asked if he would just answer honestly while I gave him the Good Person test. I told him my name and he introduced himself as Paul. When we got finished he just said, “Wow...that was great!” I could see that it had really touched him. I reassured him that the message had nothing at all to do with me, but that it had engaged his conscience. I told him that he should go to the website and order the course. “Paul, you have a team of 8 people-teach them and get out here, we need help! Time is so short now!”

As I dug into my bag for one of my cards, I noticed that he just stood still with his eyes tearing up. When I faced him again he said, “Just last night my wife and I were praying , telling the Lord that we needed something to teach these people…to motivate them-and here you are standing here telling me to teach this! I can’t believe it!” I asked if they would mind me taking a picture of them. They told me it was fine and gave me a big smile.

As I got into the car I could not help thinking that just that morning I had been asking the Lord to send laborers to the fields!!

Mat 9:36-38 But seeing the crowds, He was moved with compassion on them, because they were tired and scattered like sheep having no shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, the harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray to the Lord of the harvest that He will send out laborers into His harvest.

No comments: