Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Everyday people.

When I am out and about I like to talk to people about eternity. A boy named Christopher helped me to the truck with my groceries a couple of days ago. I took the opportunity to ask him where he would go when he died...

"uh...I don't know"

"Do you ever think about it, Chris?"

"Sometimes"

"How do we get there?"

"Being good people"

"Are you good?"

You can see where this discussion was headed. But to my surprise, I found a young boy of 16 or 17 who was already a proud liar. Chris told me he had never lied or stolen anything. Nor had he ever committed blasphemy. I gave Christopher a Good Person booklet and told him to go home and get honest with himself, because I didn't believe a word he said.

Even in the last few months I have noticed that younger people are becoming more calloused.

Jesus is coming soon...ready or not!

No comments: