Monday, August 17, 2009

Tiki Carver

Thanks to all who came out Friday night.
There were at least 19 evangelists who came out to proclaim the True Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Amazing? Not really as your hearts are with Him and His command. It was great to see many of the current WOTM class there and sharing their faith albeit with a little fear – yet the Holy Spirit was there with them! We hope to hear more great stories so please share and we will post here.

Mine is about the “All paths lead to a higher place” person (Mike) in the next space to us selling tiki carvings. He is an advocate of Gandhi, reincarnation and Shirley Maclain. The sad part is how he said religion was “shoved at him” in his youth at a Methodist church and that was when he started on his own journey. He was all bent out of shape at the Catholic church, Crusades, Constantine, Nicene Council…..

As I spoke to him about the irrelevance of this 1600 year old stuff and that he needs to be concerned about HIS eternal destiny, the more he zigzagged back to how we are all reincarnated and we all go back to when God formed man and we are all like Him therefore we are god. I explained that what he was saying not only is wrong but blasphemous, her shrugged it off and said that Christianity is narrow minded. This I did agree with and let him know that Jesus is the Narrow Gate and not everyone will enter. The discussion went on for another few minutes and we departed on good terms. I then prayed for Mike.
Unfortunately he is traveling on a well-traversed road and it will lead to Hell. The Good News is that there is the Good News – so for a little while there is time for Mike to realize he is wrong. Pray for Mike.
===
Of course, God knows what we need to hear and through a devotional I received this morning from Greg Laurie:

So why do it? Because I am a man under orders. I have a Commander-in-Chief called Jesus. He has commanded me to go into all the world and preach the gospel.

As I have often said, it is not the Great Suggestion; it is the Great Commission. And I am not the only one who is called to do this. You are called to do this as well.

It isn't really an option for me to say, "I won't share my faith. I won't preach the gospel. I won't tell others about Jesus." For me not to do this, for me not to make an effort to reach others with the gospel can be sin, because there are sins of commission and omission.

The sin of commission is doing what you should not do, while the sin of omission is not doing what you ought to do. The Bible tells us, "To him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin" (Jams 4:17 NKJV).

Let's say that somehow I had discovered the cure for cancer. Would it be wrong for me to keep that secret to myself and never tell anyone? Of course it would.

How much more wrong would it be to keep it a secret if we have the cure, if you will, for eternal damnation?

We have the solution to humanity's problems. We have the way for people to know God. If we only apply that in our own lives and keep it to ourselves and never tell others, then certainly that is falling short of what God would want.

Yet most Christians do not engage in evangelism. I read a survey that said that 95 percent of Christians have never led another person to Christ. I don't know what percentage you fall into, and I don't want to lay a guilt trip on you. In fact, it just may be that you have been involved in more people coming to the Lord than you realize.

No comments: