Thursday, December 1, 2011

Life or Death?

Although this happened a few months ago I feel that it is important enough to share:

When I met Jeanie, one of the first things I noticed was how young she was.  She told me she was 3 months pregnant and was coming in for a test to confirm this.  I administered the test and it came up positive.

She told me that she and her Mom had finally gotten a room in a local shelter.  "Before that we were living in the woods for 7 months."

I can't tell you how sad that made me feel.  "Well, I'm so glad that you got in!"  I smiled as I silently prayed for this girl.

"My Mom is making me have an abortion."  she said.

"How do you feel about that?"  I asked her.

"Well, she wants the best for me and she said that I'm too young to have a baby."

I explained that her baby had a beating heart and eyes and already had a little personality.  "How does the baby's father feel about this?"

Her facial expression changed to sadness.  "Brandon goes to my school and I really love him but when he found out I was pregnant he didn't want anything to do with me.  He comes from a rich family and he won't even talk to me now."

I could just imagine Brandon's mother welcoming this girl who lived in the woods into her nice home.   "Jeanie, do you know anything about the abortion process?  I'd like to show you a quick video so that you can be informed about this.  Afterwards we can bring your Mom in and talk to her, ok?"

She agreed and I showed her a very informative video.  (I wish I would have had this one !!)

Jeanie was aghast after watching and said over and over, "I'm not cutting my baby up!"  Her Mom came in and Jeanie told her what she'd seen.  Her Mom put her arm around Jeanie and reassured her that they would not be going to get an abortion.  (whew!)

I took the opportunity to share the Gospel with both Mom and daughter.  I pray that they have considered this and followed Jesus.



No comments: