Monday, September 14, 2009

Amsterdam: Sin City

While in Amsterdam for business, I took the opportunity to do what believers are told to do - preach the Gospel to all the world.

I started out this afternoon to give out some Million Euro notes but could get no one to take any. So I kept walking one of the main streets in an area known as Leidseplein. It is near the Amsterdam Centraal Train Station.

Since no one would accept the bills, I decided to drop the Euros on the ground. I dropped about 30 and then turned around to walk back to look for them. To my surprise, they were all gone- but the sad part I was out of tracts. So I returned to the hotel for more.

I met a few business associates, went to dinner with them and left a Million Euro along with the tip. That prompted questions from my associates. One said he was off to a bar and he wanted some of the bills to use for tips - he had no idea of the Gospel message on them.

I went out into the main area where the people gathered to listen to singers, street folks begging and whatever else you can think of. People's reception to the bills had changed from that afternoon and I gave out abut 50 of them. However, no one was interested in talking about their eternal destiny.

I feel really good that I was able to see about 80 tracts (plus the 25 I left around the trade show) get out into the hands of these lost people.

Please pray for the people of Amsterdam.


John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Whoever practices sin is the slave of sin.

No comments: