Friday, September 11, 2009

Wrong god...wrong road.


As I handed out tracts I almost missed the three young people walking past me. "Hey, wait a minute!" I said to them. They turned to look at me with puzzled expressions on their faces.

As I gave them tracts one of the guys told me that he had a few of the Million Dollar Bills. I asked him if he had read them. He said yes, but I wasn't sure if he was just trying to be nice.

As I began to ask them questions the atmosphere became a little tense. They didn't like the fact that they would be held accountable for their actions. I suspected that the guys were gay. After hearing a few of the 10 Commandments, the girl, Michale told me that she had her own beliefs and was very happy with them. Sam, one of the guys, said he agreed with her.

"It doesn't matter what you believe, it matters if what you believe is true. Would you agree?" I gave them the example of walking off of a 2 story ledge and attempting to defy gravity-it doesn't work.

"What if someone has to tell a lie to prevent a murder? What if it's for the greater good?" Michale asked. Then quickly she said, "Men wrote the Bible."

I told her that God used men to write the Bible. "Oh, how do you know that?"

The Bible says so. "Holy men of old, spoke as they were moved...have you ever read it?"

"Yeah, I've read parts of it."

I could tell that Sam was frustrated but unable to put it into words. The other guy, James piped up that he didn't think God would send them to Hell for one violation.

"One violation? Just one single violation? Are you telling me that you have only violated God's Law one solitary time in your life?" He got so mad he walked off down the beach. I was actually relieved because they all talked at once and it was too hard for me to hear.

Sam agreed with James and said he didn't think that God, or the greater power-whatever it was, would punish us when we tried to be so good. Sam then started telling me that he was 'born this way'. I heartily agreed with him.

"We are all 'born to sin' Sam! None of us are good enough! Sam, God said that if we've broken just one law we've broken them all." I told him. Each time he would pause to think. I prayed that the Holy Spirit would break through to these kids. "Why did Jesus die?" Sam gave me a blank look, while Michale sarcastically said, "For our sins." I took them to a county courtroom where they apologized for their crimes. They agreed that they would not be allowed to go home based on an apology. A fine too high was levied and they could not pay it. When Someone came in and paid it for them, they agreed that they could leave without penalty. "You don't have what it takes."

"I don't think that God, whatever it is-has the right to judge me!" Michale spat out. "And I think it's really egotistical to bring something you wrote and push it at people."

"Now you're making yourself the judge aren't you?" I said to her. "First of all, God wrote it-I didn't. And what would you both think of me if in fact I truly believe what I am saying, but I never bother to tell you? What if I think,'Well I got my ticket!' and so I just go home and sit and think 'it's not my problem'. At least I am out here trying to let you know! I don't know you guys but I DO care-I don't want you to go to Hell! It's one thing to say you seek the truth. But it is only a true seeker of Truth that will actually turn that light around and shine it in his own eyes. All I'm asking is that you guys be open to the Truth. God said 'When you seek Me with your whole heart, you'll find me'."

At this they stopped talking-for what reason I don't know. I am praying that these young people will really think about this. I gave both of them a CD of Hell's Best Kept Secret with True & False conversions. After we read John 14:6 from the Gospel of John, which I get for free from pocketpower
. I always let people keep them hoping they will read some more.

1 Samuel 12:23-25 Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way: Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you. But if ye shall still do wickedly, ye shall be consumed, both ye and your king.

No comments: