Thursday, September 17, 2009

Make every moment count.

On the way to the nursing home I stopped to get some flowers for a friend. I went in to the shop and noticed that it was completely remodeled. After asking the gal to help me with an arrangement I told her I really liked the new look. She told me that there was a new owner-just out of school.

"We are excited about the changes."

"I really like it. Much less cluttered." I said.

She began to arrange the flowers in a vase and I watched her. "You really are good at this." I told her.

"Thanks, I like doing this."

Suddenly I came out of my stupor! What was I thinking just standing here???

"The friend I am getting these for is very ill. She probably won't live long."

"Oh, I'm sorry." she said.

"Well, were all going to die one day, right?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

"What do you think happens when we die?"

"Oh, I don't know, Heaven I guess." she speculated.

After asking her some questions Gaylen became very quiet. She finished the arrangement just after realizing why Jesus came for us.

"Have you ever heard that before?" I asked her.

"No, not presented like that."

I paid and handed her a Good Person booklet. "I hope you will take time to think about this Gaylen."

"I will definitely give this some thought."

Psalms 103:15-18 As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more. But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children; To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

No comments: